Wednesday 26 February 2014

Lush Braehead Glasgow Event!


Hi there!

On Friday night myself and some other bloggers were invited along to Lush Braehead for a sneak peak at their new Mothers Day and Easter collections!

As you might have seen on my recent Lush Haul post, I am quite a newby to Lush and .. well safe to say I'm now a Lush addict! I don't think I've ever been so excited for an event as I was for this one haha! If you aren't familiar with Lush they make fresh handmade cosmetics, all products are cruelty free and they aim to use the best, safest and most beautiful products. They also don't buy from companies who ever test on animals.  

If you are looking to go to Lush I definitely recommend Lush Braehead, this was my first time in the store and the staff were honestly so lovely! They were all really energetic and friendly and had a real passion for the products! I just love when you go into a shop and the staff are really happy, I don't know why it just puts me in a good mood haha. 



They started the event with some ice breakers to find out more about us and our blogs and so we could find out more about them, which I thought was really nice for the type of event. They then split us into little groups with a member of staff, I was in a group with Linsay from MissLinnyO and Bex from GoingRoundinCircles and we were paired with Rachael who took us a little tour round the shop and let us try some products and ask any questions and smell everything haha! 



Finally on to the main event of the evening! A sneak peak at the Mothers Day and Easter collection in action! The products had just hit the stores that day so the staff were also really eager to see everything which I thought was really nice! 


Secret Garden (£2.95)
Rose (£2.95)
Mumkin (£2.95)

Wonder Woohoo (£3.95)
The Mum Bubble Bar (£5.25)
Inhale Exhale (£3.25)
There's also Madame Butterfly Bubblebar (£5.25) and Tulip Bubblebar (£5.25)

I really love bubblebars, the Snow Fairy Magic Wand I bought at Christmas time is one of my favourite ever Lush buys!

Next up was the Easter Collection!


Carrot Soap (£3.95)
Bunch of Carrots (£5.95)
Bunny (£3.25)
Fluffy Egg (£2.95)
The Brightside (£4.50)
The Immaculate Eggception (£6.95)



I saved this one for last because it was my favourite! The Golden Egg (£3.50) The amount of shimmer (shimmer not glitter as Lush don't use plastic glitter as it can cause pollution in the sea after going down the drain) is insane and I love shimmer! So gorgeous and it is a bath bomb/bath melt and took a year to be developed! So a very special product! 

We were a little disappointed that although the event was on Friday all these gorgeous products didn't actually go on sale until Saturday (definitely exclusive preview) so we weren't able to buy any of them on the night. So will have to be popping back into Lush as I need the golden egg!! haha.

There are a range of gorgeous gift sets included in the collections also so I recommend popping onto the Lush website or popping into store and having a look!

This post has been long enough so I will do a separate post showing what I got in my goodie bag and some products I picked up on the night! 

Thank you to Lush Braehead for having us, it was a really great event and I had a fantastic night.


6 comments:

  1. Great post! I love Lush products too! I really like the look of the new Easter range, especially the cute bunch of carrots!x

    http://whatshellsays.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I know they're so cute! & the carrot soap and a little bunny through the middle! They always have the cutest designs in lush! xx

      Delete
  2. Aw Tracey I'm glad I'm not the only one who may have to self-admit to lush rehab. I'm completely obsessed after Friday! It was likey meeting you too, nice post ❤️Xxx

    www.fairyfatale.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Was so lovely to meet you too <3 xxx

      Delete
  3. I wish I could have made it to this event! :( It sounds like such a lovely night!
    Hopefully I will be able to attend future events at Lush Braehead!! :)
    I am loving the look of the golden egg!! Gorgeous photography lovely!

    Ellis - Ellis Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The event went really well so hopefully they have some more! Aw thank you! xx

      Delete