Monday 6 January 2014

Happy New Year! - What I Hope to Achieve in 2014!


Hi there!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

First things first .. apologies for the late post I realise the New Year started 6 days ago but after doing the 12 Days of Christmas and blogging 12 days in a row which was surprisingly more challenging than I had first anticipated I decided that during my time off work it would be a total holiday meaning time off from blogging too!

I decided it would be appropriate for my first post of 2014 to be what I hope to achieve in the upcoming year! I think it's really important to set yourself goals and think about what you want out of life otherwise what will motivate you to get there, setting goals for me is more about really thinking about what I want because otherwise we would all just dilly dally through life and never really achieve anything, unless you're really lucky and things just happen naturally for you ... but for the majority of the population we have to work hard for the things we want in life.

A goals a goal, big or small the important thing is setting your mind to something and trying your best to achieve it. A great sense of pride comes from achieving a goal even if its something small like drinking more water! If I say I'm going to try and drink 4 bottles of water today and I do, I do feel proud and I think it's a great way to instantly make you feel positive and the more little goals you achieve the more belief you have in yourself to achieve the big ones!

  • First of all my main achievement for this year is to get a good grade on my final exam for my HNC in Office Administration and Information Technology. I started the course part time in August 2012 and now it all comes down to this final exam. Doing a part time college course while working full time is really challenging and can be so stressful at times so I can't say I'm looking forward to studying the next few months but it will all be worth it in the end if I get a good grade!

  • Next is my boyfriend and I are finally going to start saving for a house together! So my goal is to actually save for a house haha! We've been together almost 7 years and every year we say we should start saving but this is the year we're actually going to do it! We're going to go set up a joint savings account at the end of the month and I'm very excited! It'll probably still be a few years before we actually buy a house but one step at a time and the first step is to start the savings!

  • Next is to be more organised! If I'm going to pass my HNC while working full time and blogging I'm really going to have to pull my act together and get organised! I like to think I'm organised but I now have to put my organised thoughts into action!

  • I really want to put alot of effort into my blog this year and try blog at least 2-3 times a week (minus last week!). If I can do more then even better but setting myself a realistic goal of 2-3 a week at least!

  • In July/August last year I did a 2 week Rapid Fitness Detox and lost 8lbs in 14 days putting me at a weight I was really happy with, and with that I had a new mind set for healthy eating. I usually find it really difficult to lose any weight at all so this really gave me the motivation to want to continue at it. I try eat healthy majority of the time to maintain the weight but I gave myself December off so I want to get back into that mind set and try eat as healthily as I can. Not a diet, I just want to be healthy, after my detox I just felt so much better about myself and I want to try and keep that up, I don't want to spend my life yoyo dieting, I want to get to a weight I feel comfortable in and stay there, and be happy and healthy at the same time.

  • Last but not least is to be less lazy! This kind of ties in with the rest of my goals (except the house saving) I'm so ridiculously lazy I literally love just sitting and sleeping lmao! So I want to make more of an effort to get off my lazy bum and move, whether it be getting up to look at my college work, taking pictures for blog posts, keeping my room tidy, exercising. Just as long as I'm getting up and being productive ... this is going to be a challenge! ... man I just love to sit lmao but I know for sure my sister, boyfriend and my mum and dad will hold me to this one!
 
Hopefully I can stick to all these goals throughout the year. I will most likely come up with new goals throughout the year aswell but for now this is what I have. I hope everyone had an amazing Christmas and New Year and all the best in 2014!!

No comments:

Post a Comment